About the Charity
The Trust has been established to continue the work of the Constructive Teaching Centre and associated activities on a charitable basis. The Trust was approved as a charity in December 2010 by the Charities Commission for England & Wales, Charity number: 1139283.
Our objects will in practice revolve around the following projects:
1. continuing the tradition of the Constructive Teaching Centre;
2. maintaining and promoting the archives on the Alexander Technique;
3. delivering free informal workshops for teachers of the Alexander Technique;
4. fundraising for and, when funds allow, administering bursaries for individuals wishing to train as teachers of the Alexander Technique; and
5. providing introductory classes to the Alexander Technique for the general public.
These activities are expected to develop over time.
The Trustees are pupils, teachers and other supporters of the Alexander Technique and the Constructive Teaching Centre.